Monday, October 10, 2016

赵英俊 ZHAO Yingjun - 大王叫我来巡山 The King Asked Me to Patrol the Mountains

大王叫我来巡山 The King Asked Me to Patrol the Mountains
词曲演唱:赵英俊
Music, lyrics, and Singer: ZHAO Yingjun

Translated by PalmtreeH
Note: This song has a strong reference to the Chinese classical novel Journey to the West, where the monk named Xuanzang was a prey for all kinds of demons and sprites (or animal spirits) on his pilgrimage to the West. This song is telling a story in this context from the perspective of a carefree sprite.

太阳对我眨眼睛 The sun is winking at me
鸟儿唱歌给我听 The birds are singing to me
我是一个努力干活儿 Im a hard-working
还不粘人的小妖精 and non-clingy little sprite
别问我从哪里来 Dont ask where I came from
也别问我到哪里去 and dont ask where Im going
我要摘下最美的花儿 I just want to pick the prettiest flowers
献给我的小公举 for my little princess
[唉哟,差点忘了] [Oh, almost forgot--]
大王叫我来巡山 The king asked me to patrol the mountains
我把人间转一转 so I wander around in the human world
打起我的鼓 Beating my drums
敲起我的锣 and hitting my gongs
生活充满节奏感 my life is full of rhythms
大王叫我来巡山 The king asked me to patrol the mountains
抓个和尚做晚餐 and catch a monk for dinner
这山涧的水 The water in the valley
无比的甜 is so sweet
不羡鸳鸯不羡仙 that I dont envy couples or fairies

No comments:

Post a Comment